The digital marketing strategy is one of the most widely used methods as a way to introduce products and reach consumers in 2022. Some people are quick to adapt, but some are still apathetic and consider it a hoax. For those of you who need to be reassured and encouraged, a divedigital conversation with one of the customers below might give you a little bit of a boost to immediately improve by adjusting to the times. Are you ready to make a change? The first thing you should do is choose the most appropriate channel for your business.
Choosing the Right Chanel
It must be admitted that not all channels in digital marketing are suitable for all types of businesses. For example, for a shop owner who sells groceries, forcing to build a website or using email marketing would be a big mistake.
It will be a different story if you choose social media to inform people about the products you sell. You should know that you can get social media for free, while websites and email marketing are basically paid. And even though you are strong enough to pay for a website, you also have to be aware that your market is not on the website, but on social media. Then what kind of business is suitable for using a website? It’s quite difficult actually to answer this. But we have a benchmark, as long as the ROI of your business is sufficient to build your web and your market is there, we think it’s still possible.
Some businesses that can be maximized with the website and using this guide are tax consultants, travel agents, rental businesses, catering, event organizers, and many others.
What is Search Marketing
There are many examples of digital marketing strategies ranging from SEO, SEM, Email Marketing, Social Media, Content Marketing, Influencer Marketing, and so on. However, if you ask what digital marketing strategies are commonly used, then search marketing can be an alternative.
What is search marketing? Search Marketing is a process used to get traffic, both free (organic) and paid. “Search marketing is the process of gaining traffic and visibility from search engines through both paid and unpaid efforts.” In search marketing, we will only do two things, namely SEO and SEM (eg adwords). Through SEO we will get traffic for free while SEM will help traffic in a paid way, but only for traffic whose final goal is closing.
Why should search marketing? and why are so many people that this can be a commonly used digital marketing strategy?
In our opinion, this is the most cost-effective digital marketing strategy but the ROI is very high. The search marketing approach itself only uses two strategies, namely SEO and SEM. Indeed content marketing is also included in the plan, but this will help to maximize SEO as well.
Digital Marketing Strategy with Search Marketing
If this method is done correctly, in the next 6 to 10 months you can get stable transactions, you can even leave SEM and maximize organic traffic so that promotional costs will be smaller. But you also have to remember that SEO is very complex, it’s very natural if what you do seems to have no results. Even though there are many guides out there from A to Z, you still need trial and error to be able to find out how SEO works well.
Then, how? Our advice is to create a website as a medium for learning about SEO, and the results of this study apply to your business. The thing called learning is making mistakes, of course, and the risk will not be too big if it is done on a website that is intended as a learning medium.
If your business allows you to use a search marketing approach, the following strategies will be very helpful in achieving optimal company growth.
Search marketing won’t work if you don’t have a website. Why? Because most of the search results are dominated by websites. Indeed, there are several SERPs that display social media accounts, but this is very rare, and usually accounts from a well-known institution. If your current position is in an effort to improve, hoping that your social media account will be included in search results is the same as hoping that the king of Arabia will invite you to live in the palace. The possibility exists, but it is very small, even ZERO.
Start to create a website, and the things you should pay attention to are:
- Hosting: uptime, downtime, price.
- Theme: mobile friendly, web data structure, attractive appearance, fastload.
- Domain: short, easy to remember, unique.
After the website is finished, do keyword research to find out which topics are most sought after by the audience and what keywords are typed the most to search for these topics. Regarding keyword research for business websites, we ourselves always divide it into two categories, namely keywords for products and keywords for content marketing. We will use keywords for products later in making landing pages after the keyword research stage is complete. While the keyword content marketing is used to get traffic from the audience.
The keywords you have to look for should be like this:
- Volume & Level of Competition : for product keywords, choose the one that has the highest volume, while for content marketing, choose the one with the highest level of competition possible with your website. For starters, we need content marketing keywords that can bring in traffic first.
- Use Keywords Wisely : use keywords as they should, we mean to avoid keyword cannibalization, that is, there are many pages with the same keywords, which ultimately makes one page compete with each other.
Remember, Google only shows two links in one website for one search. So, putting the same keyword in multiple pages is a waste of time.
The landing page that we mean here is the sales page, which is a page that describes the products offered to prospective customers. This is very important to ensure that any traffic that we can successfully convert into sales. In what way? Appearance, user experience, and completeness of product information are very decisive in turning traffic into conversions. However, because our goal here is search marketing, we also have to make sure the landing page also has a good SEO structure.
What we need to create a landing page is:
- Content : explain the product in short language, not boring, and adjust to the audience.
- Appearance : After the content is finished, apply the content into a landing page that has a good appearance, is easy to navigate, and at the bottom there is a call to action.
- Heading structure : search marketing is actually how we explain content to search engine robots so that our website can be indexed and have a good SEO score, so we have to pay attention to the heading structure without ignoring the user experience of potential customers.
After the landing page is finished, we can start running SEM to get traffic and start getting transactions. At this stage, we can also do an analysis related to the landing page that we have created, whether it is maximally deep or not.
How to? That is by seeing how effective our landing page is in converting traffic into transactions. Please start your ad, and see the results. If many people click on our ad, but the conversion is low, does that mean that our landing page is not optimal? It’s possible, but don’t jump to conclusions, wrong ad targeting can also lead to low conversion rates.
For example, if you sell reog t-shirts, and the keyword targeting is just reog, it will certainly make the conversion rate low, because people who are looking for reog have a lot of goals, some want to see reog performances or the history of reog. If the targeting is correct, but conversions are low, it could be that your landing page is not optimal. Before switching to SEO, you should maximize your landing page, and do a split test again until the landing page is maximized.
- Choose ads (adwords, instagram ads, facebook ads, banner ads) that are most appropriate and allow you to reach a large audience.
- Allocate the ideal budget, don’t overdo it because we will also be doing SEO optimization whose budget is not small.
Publishing content on websites is indeed very helpful in terms of SEO optimization, and everyone has their own way of maximizing transactions. One of the things that is mostly done is by presenting soft selling content, the effect is still quite strong this way, but it will be “meaningless” if the quality of the content is modest and is accompanied by product promotion.
Divedigital itself doesn’t like this, regarding content marketing we recommend using content that can really help the audience.
And what’s interesting here, the success that you will get is not only on the good reputation of the company, but also the quality of the SEO of the website. It’s quite difficult if you do optimization without improving the website’s onpage, and content is one of the most important things to pay attention to.
Regarding content marketing, the following tips will be very helpful:
- Topic : choose a topic that is relevant and can provide traffic to the website.
- Quality : Don’t compromise on quality, one quality content or nothing.
- Be consistent : don’t easily judge what you are doing is failing, the results of new SEO can be seen in the next 2 to 4 months.
You can run SEM, Content Marketing, and SEO at the same time, and indeed the publication of content marketing on your own blog should also pay attention to the usual SEO techniques such as internal links, keyword optimization, and so on.
In SEO optimization, there are two things to do, namely onpage optimization (from within) and offpage (from outside). If the onpage is good, you can do offpage optimization such as getting backlinks from websites whose authority is better than your website.
Regarding SEO, there are several things you can do:
- Site speed : compress and remove parts or content that is too heavy. This is included in onpage SEO.
- Internal links: link content that has a relevant discussion on your site fairly.
- Content Grouping : Group each content on your website by topics that have a relevant discussion. You can organize each content with the help of categories. Its function is so that the bounce rate is low, because visitors will go from one content to another.
- Backlinks : get contextual backlinks from authority websites. Don’t rely on numbers, the penguin algorithm has been running by Google since 2012, and the function is to eliminate spam backlinks.
There are many digital marketing strategies, our advice is to choose one or several that best suit the demographic character of the business audience you are involved in. It doesn’t have to be search marketing, because some businesses are less effective at using this approach. If you choose search marketing, do everything well and measurably. Especially when it comes to SEO. SEO is not cheap, not easy, and also takes time, consistent and careful is the key to SEO.