It is the hope of website owners to raise their site to the first rank so that website traffic also increases. One way to do this is to continuously create interesting content. Not only attractive in the eyes of the audience, but also attractive in the eyes of the Google search engine by optimizing SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Well, for those of you who use the WordPress platform, you can take advantage of the help of plugins. One of them is the All in One SEO Pack.
Similar to other SEO plugins in WordPress, All in One SEO Pack can also help you to optimize SEO content so that it is indexed by Google. The features contained in the All in One SEO Pack plugin are also considered complete for optimizing SEO. You can set this All in One SEO Pack easily in WordPress. Check out the explanation of the All in One SEO Pack plugin complete with the settings below.
All in One SEO Pack WordPress Plugin
All in One SEO Pack or commonly known as AIOSEO is a plugin and toolkit for optimizing the SEO of any content on a website on the WordPress platform. This All in One SEO Pack plugin has complete features to set various Search Engine Optimization indicators. Starting from keywords, meta titles, meta descriptions to optimize content, to other settings such as schema markup, and sitemaps to be indexed by search engines.
This AIOSEO plugin is one of the most popular plugins on WordPress which has been used by more than 3 million websites. Not only because of its complete features in SEO optimization, but also its easy use. Features such as schema markup, sitemap, robots generator, and keyword analysis can make it easier for you to optimize search engines. Not only does it work for the Google search engine, the All in One SEO Pack can also optimize other search engines.
In fact, you can create content on your website without a plugin like All in One SEO Pack while still applying as few SEO rules as you can. However, using a plugin such as the All in One SEO Pack on WordPress can help you optimize your content and website for search engines. So, later search engines like Google and Bing can index every website content more optimally and can increase traffic from your website.
How to Set All in One SEO Pack in WordPress
After getting to know a little about the All in One SEO Pack plugin, then you can try this plugin on your WordPress website. This All in One SEO Pack plugin has two versions that you can install according to your needs. There is a basic version and also a premium version of the AIOSEO plugin. Here are the steps you can take to set the All in One SEO Pack on your WordPress website.
1. Install All In One SEO Pack Plugin
Before you start setting up this SEO plugin, the first thing you have to do is install the All in One SEO Pack plugin. You can install this plugin for free or you can pay for premium plugins. However, the basic version of the All in One SEO Pack plugin, which can be downloaded for free, already has enough features to optimize SEO. You can install the free version of the AIOSEO plugin by following these steps.
- Log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Select the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Click on ‘Add New’.
- Type ‘All in One SEO’ in the search field to search for the All in One SEO Pack plugin.
- After the All in One SEO Pack plugin appears, please click ‘Install Now’.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, click ‘Activate’ to activate the SEO plugin on your WordPress.
2. Go to General Settings All in One SEO Pack
After the SEO plugin is installed, you can then set up the All in One SEO Pack on your WordPress. The first step you take for setting this SEO plugin is to set the General Settings section. Please enter the General Settings section of the All in One SEO Pack on the WordPress dashboard. After that, please set the General Settings section as below.
- Canonical URLs, please activate this section by ticking to avoid penalties from Google for the same content with different URLs.
- No Pagination for Canonical URLs, please enable this section by ticking to remove pagination from canonical URLs.
- Enable Custom Canonical URLs, please leave this section blank if you don’t want to add a custom canonical field to the editor page.
- Set Protocols for Canonical URLs, please set this section to Auto.
- Use Original Title, please set this section to Disabled if you are not having problems with templates or plugins regarding title tags.
- Use Schema.org Markup, please activate this section to get information related to the needs of search engines in displaying ‘Rich Snippets’ on the SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
- Log Important Events, please leave this section blank if you do not wish to log other plugins.
3. Home Page Settings
When you have finished setting the General Settings All in One SEO Pack section, you can then set the Home Page Settings section. The Home Page Settings section contains settings related to the pages of your business website. There are two parts that you must fill in, namely the Home Title (website title) and also Home Description (website description). To understand better, please follow the explanation below.
- Home Title, this section is the SEO Meta Title of the home page of your website which will appear on the Browser Tab section when the site is accessed by visitors. Please fill in the title of the website with a length of no more than 60 characters.
- Home Description, this section is a description of your website containing the main keywords that appear on search engines. Please fill in with a short description containing the keyword. Make sure the length of the description is no more than 160 characters.
4. Title Settings
After you finish setting the Home Page Settings section, then please set the Title Settings All in One SEO Pack section. In this section you will set the settings for the title of each content on your website so that it can be optimized. To better understand, please follow the settings below.
- Rewrite Titles, please set this section to Enables so that you can modify the title of each content on the website
- Capitalize Titles, please activate this section so that the title of each of your content can be changed.
- Home Page Title Format, please set this section to ‘%page_title%’ to change the format in the page title.
- Title Format, please set this section to ‘%post_title%’.
5. Custom Post Type Settings All in One SEO Pack
The next part that you have to set in the All in One SEO Pack is Custom Post Type Settings. There are several sections that you must set in this Custom Post Type Settings related to the SEO optimization of your website. Follow the Custom Post Type Settings settings below.
- SEO for Custom Post Types, please set this section to Enabled so that the All in One SEO Pack plugin can work with every custom post type on the website
- SEO on Only These Post Types, please select ‘Post’ and ‘Pages’ to activate the All in One SEO Pack plugin on both pages.
- Enable Advanced Options, please set this section to Enabled to configure the title tags format.
- Custom Titles, please enable this section according to the Enable Advanced Options section.
6. Display Settings
Next, please set the Display Settings section for the All in One SEO Pack plugin. In this section there is only one thing you have to set which is Show Column Labels for Custom Post Types. Please select ‘Posts’ and ‘Pages’ so that the SEO title, keywords, and description settings can appear in that section.
7. No Index Settings
The next part that you have to set in the All in One SEO Pack plugin is No Index Settings. This section is useful in preventing Google or other search engines from indexing content or links on your website that point to other websites. Please activate it in the Tag Archive, Search Page, 404 Page, and also the Paginated Post/Page section.
8. Advanced Settings
When you have finished setting the No Index Settings section, then you must also set the Advanced Settings section. There are several sections that you must activate according to your wishes. Here are the settings for the Advanced Settings section of the AIOSEO plugin that you can follow.
- Auto Generate Descriptions, please activate this section so that the SEO plugin can create content descriptions on your website automatically.
- Remove Descriptions for Paginated Pages, please leave this section blank if you don’t want to remove meta descriptions from pagination pages.
- Never Shorten Long Descriptions, please leave this section blank if you wish to limit the length of the description.
9. XML Sitemap Settings
The last part that you need to set up from the All in One SEO Pack plugin is the XML Sitemap Settings. Actually, you can stop at Advanced Settings and then save with update options. However, you can set this section for the sitemap feature in the All in One SEO Pack so that Google can find every content you create by following the settings below.
- Filename Prefix, please set this section to Sitemap.
- Notify Google, please enable this section for the Google search engine.
- Notify Bing, please enable this section for the Bing search engine.
- Schedules Updates, please set this section to No Schedules.
All in One SEO Pack is one of the SEO plugins in WordPress that you can use to help optimize the SEO of your website. Not only does it optimize the SEO of every content you publish, but it can also optimize search engines so that they can index your website content and activity better. There are many features that you can use in this SEO plugin in both the free basic version and the paid premium version.